Wednesday 20 December 2006

Badminton Raquets, Tea-totalling, and Pride

Badminton Raquets, Tea-totalling, and Pride

As I stand here by the window of my room, I see two children gleefully playing on the street. They seem to be playing badminton, but have no racquets; they have paper boards instead, with which they hit the shuttle to each other.
My heart thinks, "Could I not get them a couple of racquets? My people may not approve of it, but I could easily ask them the money for my self (not bringing the children into the scene). Yes. That's what I'll do. These children can hardly play with those boards. Racquets would make it so much easier."
But, my mind is set to work. "Is it they who need the racquets? Or is it me who needs to give it to them?"....

4 comments:

Prashant Shekhar said...

this comment is not just for this single post. i have a song for you dhruv- "jaane kya dhoondhta hai ye mera dil tujhko kya chahiye zindagi...."
the mirror in "ur room" is fogged with some extraneous puff but u'll wipe it off soon dude...

Neeru Gandhi said...

hmmmmm...its evoking a lot in my mind as usually is the case..quite an apt question... We often question this and we often do not get clear answers for such questions.. the deprivation inside each of us does push us towards charities and the "richer" regions are often arrogant..
to be simple, buying a racquet helps some entity in the universe grow, whether it be u , me or that child!!

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

Go buy the racquet and give it to them!
Follow the heart... GO gift those kids a new lease of play! :)

The Highly Confused Heffalump said...

Oh hello!!

And aha! that is the catch in life, aint?

As the Very Wise Joey Tribbiani put it, There is no such thing as a selfless good deed.