Wednesday 20 June 2007

Crocodile tears


I cry, tears surprise me;
The hurt is fresh; but seems familiar.
I haven’t broken a limb:
My heart aches.

After a long, long while
Someone threw a rope down my cellar!
“Hurrah!” “Yippee!”
“I’m going to be free!!”
The rope broke as I was climbing.

Time rushes out of the window.
The killing is imminent.
Something tells me I can stop it.
“Yeah, I know all about that.”

But why crave I this escape?
Why is this a cellar?
Why do I need to be out in the light?

The screws tighten on me:
And catharsis once again numbs the fire.






Dhruv Raj Sharma
30.10.05
12:35 p.m.

1 comment:

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

A great poem!

Loved the lines..
"Time rushes out of the window.
The killing is imminent.
Something tells me I can stop it.
“Yeah, I know all about that.""

May there be light!

:|